Fiber laser marking machines are designed to meet the needs of manufacturers who mark codes and other information on robust, high-density materials such as metals and plastics.
Fiber laser marking, also known as Solid-State Laser (SSL), operates by delivering a wavelength of 1.064 micrometers, 10 times shorter than that generated by a CO2 laser. Due to this much smaller focal distance, the intensity of fiber laser system is almost 100 times higher than CO2 systems with a similar power output, making fiber lasers ideal for coding on high-density packaging materials such as metal and plastics. Industries with demanding production schedules and increasing throughput expectations — like beverage, extrusion, and pharmaceuticals — need lasers that can keep pace and provide the appropriate level of contrast. Compared to traditional CO2 laser sources, fiber lasers can achieve better mark contrast at faster speeds.
Benefits of fiber lasers
- Applies high-contrast marks at ultra-fast speeds on hard plastics, metals, and other industrial products.
- Virtually no maintenance and a source life expectancy of up to 100,000 hours (MTBF) delivers high performance and long-lasting reliability
- Line speed of 900m/min meet the demands of high-speed packaging operations
- 498mm wide marking window provides more time to print, increasing product throughput and maximizing productivity
Fiber lasers benefit from more power and speed, which provides more available mark time to achieve the best readable code on a range of materials such as:
Fiber laser marking is an ideal solution for many parts-marking, pharmaceutical and cosmetics manufacturers. To meet the needs of food, beverage and CPG manufacturers, the Videojet range of fiber lasers have been designed to ensure laser marks are clearly and accurately positioned, offering code precision that does not adversely impact product aesthetics.
Fiber laser engravers
A fiber laser engraver uses a process of cutting through paint on a surface to make permanent marks which protects codes from being tampered with by unauthorized channels. Fiber laser engraving generally refers to deeper material removal that generates a depression in the material. Typical substrates are plastic and metal. For glass and plexiglass there is also the option of inner engraving which refers to internal color removal without affecting the top layer.
- Seamlessly transition to a turnkey fiber laser system designed specifically for beverage canning
- Achieve speeds of up to 100k cans/hour with dual Lightfoot™ marking heads
- Enable washdown without disruption with an IP65 rated system design
- 7230 10-Watt and 7330 20-Watt fiber lasers for marking permanent quality codes on robust, high-density materials
- Light, compact and adaptable laser marking machine that offers high-speed marking, with complex data, easy operability and industry-leading integration capabilities
- Designed for demanding production schedules in the Parts-Marking, Food, Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Pharmaceutical industries
- Versatile laser marking machine that is available with the option of a 6mm and 10mm marking head, covering a wide variety of marking and coding operations
- 20-Watt and 30-Watt fiber lasers are the first to feature the Lightfoot™ marking head, making them easy to integrate, operate and service.
- The Lightfoot marking head is one of a kind, smallest in the industry both in size and weight, and IP69 rated for use in washdown and harsh environments.
- Designed to deliver high-quality, permanent codes for a wide range of marking applications, are an ideal solution for parts-marking, food, beverage, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical and cosmetics manufacturers who have space limitations, are looking for simple integrations, or do frequent rapid changeovers.
- 50-Watt fiber laser marking machine with high contrast marking at high speed
- Quality crisp, clear codes marking at up to 600 meters per minute on various industrial products at ultra-fast line speeds
- Maximum single line speed: 600m/min (1960ft/min)
- This laser marking machine is specifically engineered for high speed beverage, pharmaceutical, and extrusion manufacturers marking on robust materials such as high-density Polyethylene (HDP), Nylon, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), as well as aluminum and stainless steel metals
- 100-Watt fiber laser marking machine with high contrast marking at high speed
- Air-cooled laser source virtually eliminates maintenance intervals
- Maximum single line speed: 600m/min (1968 ft/min)
- This laser marking machine is designed with large marking window that provides more time to mark, increasing throughput and maximizing productivity
The Range of Laser Marking Machines
Videojet has been developing and manufacturing CO2, Fiber & UV laser marking machine for over 30 years.
CO2 lasers are commonly used in the high throughput beverage industry and ideal for coding on glass, paper, plastic, and foils. Learn more about CO2 Laser Marking.
UV Lasers are typically used for applications in the aerospace, pharmaceutical and medical industries. Learn more about UV Lasers.
Focus more on production and less on user interaction and maintenance with an easy-to-use fiber laser solution that is intuitive to the operator without the need for additional training. Whatever your requirements, a laser marking system can be configured to operate with a myriad of packaging materials in a range of environments. Talk to our laser marking specialist to select the ideal solution – (866) 871-3226.