Full Line of Thermal Transfer Overprinters for Printing and Labeling Applications
Thermal transfer printing, also known as thermal transfer overprinting (TTO), is a digital technology used to print high-resolution, variable-content codes on thin, flexible packaging such as films, pouches, and labels.
Typical thermal transfer overprinting applications include snack foods, confectionery and bakery products, frozen and refrigerated foods (meat & poultry, dairy, bagged fruits & vegetables), cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and other products packaged in flexible films.
Videojet TTO solutions
Why should current hot stamp users switch to thermal transfer overprinting? Learn More
Learn more about how thermal transfer printing technology works? Click here
Which Videojet thermal transfer printers is right for your operation?
Key benefits of Videojet TTO Models:
- All Videojet thermal transfer printer models are designed with minimal wear parts as well as printheads that are quick to change out
- Easy integration into either intermittent- or continuous-motion flexible packaging lines
- Long ribbon length [up to 1,200m] enables greater throughput between ribbon changes, and our cassette design streamlines ribbon changes
- Enables more prints per ribbon by narrowing the gap between prints to a mere 0.5mm
- Built-in code-quality checker to ensure optimum coding quality. Videojet’s iAssure and CLARiTY software,continually checks for print defects by taking a picture of every printed code and assessing the code’s quality to ensure that the right code is consistently printed on the right product
- Printer’s ease of operation – thermal transfer printer featuring intuitive color touch screen technology makes it easy to add code content—like a new date, a time, or traceability data—without mechanical changes to the printer
- Designed to print flexible materials, specifically films used for consumer-goods packaging,popular package structures, including resealable pouches, stick packs, and sachets
- Videojet thermal transfer printers can also be used for coding on uneven film surfaces.
- Videojet DataFlex 6530 and DataFlex 6330 can print EAN 8, EAN 13, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 39, EAN 128, Code 128, ITF, RSS (including 2D composite codes), and more. The Videojet 6230 can print EAN8, EAN13, UPCA, UPCE, and QR codes
- Videojet’s high-performance thermal transfer printers accommodates the full range of package widths and code sizes. Widths for the DataFlex 6530 are 53mm and 107mm, and for the DataFlex 6330, 32mm and 53mm
- For harsh production environments, including those requiring periodic line washdown, the Videojet IP DataFlex Plus provides a robust solution by printing codes at speeds of up to 400 ppm
- Wash-resistant, chemical-resistant, and extreme-temperature ribbons are included in Videojet’s thermal ribbon product range.
Talk with a TTO Printing Expert
New Equipment Sales: