Drive line productivity in wire and cable applications with up to five times greater uptime
The performance of coding solutions in wire, cable and pipe industries needs to match the realities of the production process. Coder downtime that stops the extrusion process can result in expensive downtime, rework, and scrap. Poor code contrast or quality and ink transference are further challenges that can degrade the quality of your product. Videojet has extensive application expertise and a range of solutions that address these challenges to help maximize the productivity of your operations.
Coding and marking on rigid extruded pipe
Extrusion lines may move at hundreds of meters per minute. Long coding and marking sequences can require virtually continuous printing. You need coding systems that keep production flying. Videojet meets these challenges with an array of cost effective, high uptime solutions.
Wire and cable marking machines engineered for high uptime
Marking on extruded wire and cable requires superior print quality, a wide variety of fonts and graphics, along with excellent resolution, contrast, and clarity, even on narrow gauges, varying insulation colors or in extreme temperature conditions common in extrusion applications. Videojet provides the right inks for nearly any type of wire insulation or cable jacket.
Talk to our product specialist at (866) 871-3226.
Printers and Services designed for high uptime operation to help maximize extruder productivity:
- Continuous inkjet solutions with advanced CleanFlowTM printhead and patented ink management systems to improve uptime, even with pigmented high contrast inks
- Laser marking solutions with large marking fields to enable high speed operation and optimized power settings to improve laser tube life
- Fume extraction systems purposely built to deal with the corrosive fumes generated when lasing PVC to help maintain a clean laser lens
- Flexible Service and Maintenance options to help ensure your Videojet equipment operates at peak performance
Solutions engineered to deliver high quality marks to match the quality of your products:
- Pigmented and dye-based inks designed for both high contrast marking on dark surfaces and high adhesion to avoid ink transference
- CO2 Laser Marking Systems on PVC that produce a unique, high-quality, gold-colored marking
Industrial Printing Systems that can keep pace with a demanding production environment:
- Continuous coding at high production speeds with the ability to conduct on-the-fly message change without stopping your line
- Non-contact Continuous inkjet and Laser Marking Systems mean no additional contact point relative to mechanical embossing or roller coding
- Application Notes
- Case Studies
- White Paper