Recent Press Release
Videojet Showcases a Wide Range of Inkjet, Laser, Print and Apply Labeling and Integrated Network Innovations at Pack Expo and Pharma Expo 2017
Videojet Kicks Off Pack Expo International 2017 by Showcasing its Latest Printing and Marking Products Designed to Maximize Productivity
LAS VEGAS — Sept. 25, 2017 — Videojet Technologies, a global leader in coding, marking and variable data printing solutions, has on display its most recent product innovations in booth C1851 at this week’s Pack Expo International 2017 trade show held at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Videojet has been dedicated to product innovation for over 40 years. “We persistently pursue the development of the most advanced printing and marking solutions to meet the packaging industry’s demands for productivity and uptime,” said Matt Aldrich, North America Director of Marketing at Videojet. “At Pack Expo, attendees will be able to see our suite of revolutionary solutions, and a packaging line that showcases advanced capabilities and smart connectivity to help drive higher productivity levels.”
In the booth, new equipment and a broad selection of key solutions from the full Videojet marking and printing line are featured, including continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers, thermal inkjet (TIJ) printers, thermal transfer overprinters (TTO), laser marking systems, case coders and print and apply labelers.
Enhanced Efficiencies Thanks to New, Advanced Print Solutions
New technologies showcased by Videojet at Pack Expo include:
- The brand new Videojet 1860 CIJ, which uses innovative predictive capabilities including an industry-first ink build-up sensor to provide up to eight hours of advanced notice of common potential fault conditions that can impact OEE and uptime. Users can count on enhanced predictability and performance without surprises – achieved through advances in CIJ printing technology integrated with new on-board intelligence and communications abilities. More than 50 real-time sensors continuously monitor 150+ key indicators of printer performance to provide diagnostics, analytics and guidance. The Videojet 1860’s 45-degree slanted printhead design delivers increased versatility through easy line integration and more mounting options than a 90-degree printhead to provide closer proximity to the product.
- The new Videojet SIMPLICiTY™ interface greatly reduces operator printer interactions to help eliminate potential user errors through an intuitive, tablet-inspired 10” touchscreen interface.
- Much more than a remote monitoring service, VideojetConnect™ Remote Service is an intelligent cloud-based solution that helps customers optimize printer performance by empowering remote diagnosis and repair along with visibility beyond simple printer performance. Information can be tailored to the user, whether a plant or production manager or an operator, to provide dashboard analytics, performance reports, automated notifications and production data. With VideojetConnect Remote Service, users can anticipate issues and accelerate recovery thanks to remote printer access supported by Videojet technical experts. At Pack Expo, VideojetConnect Remote Service capabilities are demonstrated via the Videojet Remote Edge Server featuring connectivity and communication with all coding and marking technologies displayed in the Videojet booth.
- The Videojet LifeCycle Advantage™ suite of offerings includes VideojetConnect™ Remote Service and is backed by the largest service footprint in the industry for fast remote recovery and on-site responsiveness. Service options are designed to complement manufacturers’ unique maintenance and support needs. With a proactive focus on operational improvements, Videojet LifeCycle Advantage can help customers maintain printer performance, quickly recover unplanned interruptions and optimize the performance of their coding and marking equipment.
- The new Videojet DataFlex® 6530 and 6330 TTO printers feature revolutionary iAssure™ technology, an industry-first, integrated code assurance system that automatically checks every print for alphanumeric print defects and helps to reduce the packaging waste that results from coding errors. The modular design gives users the flexibility to choose how to fit the printer into their production line, and for those users requiring fewer components exposed in a production environment, the printer can also be controlled through its web interface for a streamlined, single point of control. The 6530’s all-electronic design utilizes a new and exclusive printhead, eliminating the need for plant air and its associated costs, while allowing for more control and faster throughput speeds.
- The new high-powered CO2 Videojet 3640 60-Watt Laser Marking System is engineered to process complex codes at the highest speeds and features the industry’s widest mark field. The Videojet 3640 meets the demand for enhanced speeds in data processing and communication, helping manufacturers code with virtually no font, code or graphic restrictions at line speeds up to 900 meters per minute, depending on the application. The wide marking window allows the 3640 to cover up to 600mm, meaning a variety of wide web applications that previously would have required two lasers can be addressed with one laser.
- The new Videojet 7220 and 7320 Fiber laser marking systems deliver versatile, permanent coding with a small footprint and low maintenance. Perfect for high-contrast color change on plastic and metal materials, these reliable, pulsed fiber laser marking systems feature built-in productivity and flexibility that can be configured to the user’s needs.
Other Videojet products in the booth at Pack Expo include:
- The Videojet 3340 Laser Marking System delivers high-quality codes while marking products and packaging on moderate and high speed lines. The 3340 is an ideal solution to meet the demand for complex codes in the food, beverage, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries. It offers complete system flexibility with 21 mark window options, four marking heads, 15 lenses and three wavelengths.
- The Videojet 3140 Laser Marking System, the fastest 10-Watt laser in its class, provides 32 standard beam delivery options for easy integration into packaging lines. It is engineered to mark both simple and complex codes on a range of substrates including paperboard, glass, painted metal, paper labels, PET and other plastic materials.
- The Videojet 9550 Print & Apply Labeler with Intelligent Motion™ technology utilizes advanced direct drive technology to eliminate the manual adjustments, clutches and nip rollers that often cause downtime in traditional print and apply case coding operations. Its on-board label database, automatic bar code creation, intuitive job selection and powerful diagnostics all combine to help prevent coding errors and increase efficiencies.
- The Wolke® m600 oem TIJ printer is designed to deliver integration versatility combined with the industry’s most powerful data handling capabilities. It offers secure, ultra-fast processing of up to 20 unique records per second, and printing of 2D DataMatrix and GS1 128 bar codes.
- The Videojet 8610 TIJ printer utilizes a purpose-built inkjet cartridge designed for MEK and other industrial inks. Its Cartridge Readiness System™ helps prevent ink from drying in the nozzles during production interruptions, providing clean, repeatable codes with virtually no operator intervention. The 8610 provides high-speed, high-resolution printing of simple text as well as complex marks on non-porous materials like foils, films, plastics and coated stocks.
- For special applications that require easily readable variable data codes on dark materials, the Videojet 1710 CIJ printer uses high-contrast pigmented inks to create impactful, highly visible codes. The 1710 prints on surfaces upon which dye-based inks are not easily viewable, such as colored glass, rubber tubing, plastic cabling and dark paperboard. It is capable of printing a variety of fonts in multiple languages, as well as linear bar codes, 2D DataMatrix codes, custom logos and graphics.
See the full suite of the newest printing and marking solutions from Videojet on display in Pack Expo Booth C1851. For more information on Videojet equipment, please visit http://www.videojet.com
About Videojet Technologies:
Videojet Technologies is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product lifecycle services. Our goal is to partner with our customers in the consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical, and industrial goods industries to improve their productivity, to protect and grow their brands, and to stay ahead of industry trends and regulations. With our customer application experts and technology leadership in Continuous Inkjet (CIJ), Thermal Inkjet (TIJ), Laser Marking, Thermal Transfer Overprinting (TTO), case coding and labeling, and wide array printing, Videojet has more than 345,000 printers installed worldwide. Our customers rely on Videojet products to print on over ten billion products daily. Customer sales, application, service and training support is provided by direct operations with over 4,000 team members in 26 countries worldwide. In addition, Videojet’s distribution network includes more than 400 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.
©2017 Videojet Technologies Inc. All rights reserved. Videojet is a registered trademark of Videojet Technologies Inc.