Over 340 ink, available for use in Videojet CIJ printers, are designed for both common and unique applications. From inks that penetrate thin layers of condensation and withstand the pasteurization process, to those that offer outstanding adhesion glass, Videojet can help you select the right ink and printer to achieve the ideal contrast, readability and durability of your printed codes while meeting your production needs.
Printing on glass is achievable with CIJ printers like the
Date codes, serial numbers, barcodes, traceability information and more can be printed on glass with high-performance Videojet inks designed for Videojet CIJ printers. Click here to learn how CIJ technology works.
Why choose CIJ technology?
- Opaque pigmented CIJ inks are formulated to create highly visible codes on dark colored glass and clear bottles containing dark liquids, while resisting the pressure and heat of packaging environments and product-to-product contact during processing. Choose from a range of Videojet pigmented ink colors for use with the Videojet 1710 CIJ printer, ideal for printing on glass
- Videojet condensation-resistant CIJ inks, such as Videojet V420 and V528 inks, are ideal for printing on glass. These inks can penetrate the condensation layer to adhere to beverage bottles and are durable during pasteurization and refrigeration/ re-cooling
- Videojet caustic-removable CIJ inks, like Videojet V4220 and V483 are soluble to common 2-3% caustic solutions so bottles can be returned to manufacturers for reuse without a previous code being present. Certain inks can perform as a single-solution for bottlers producing a mix of returnable and non-returnable beverages. Download the whitepaper.
- Fast dry CIJ inks, including Videojet V4201, V4204, V4216, V4258, V4269, are also suitable for printing on glass. These inks incorporate special fast-dry solvents and compatible resin technology necessary when there is little time between each code and when those codes come into contact with typical conveyor components and each other.
- Codes produced with CIJ retort inks, like Videojet V476 and V521, provide a noticeable color change from one color to another when exposed to heat and moisture during the retort process. This allows processors to determine whether or not a particular item has been properly exposed to the retort process.
- Suggested solutions
Contact Videojet Technologies
New Equipment Sales: