V486 is a high-contrast, white pigmented ink based on MIPK (methyl isopropyl ketone). It is qualified for use in the Videojet 1710 continuous inkjet (CIJ) printer. This ink is ideal for use in high-speed applications for a wide variety of substrates, especially dark plastics used in automotive, electronics, building materials, wire and cable.
Benefits of V486-C
- No European Printing Ink Association (EuPIA) Exclusion List materials
- No acetone, no methanol, low MEK formulation
- No CMR’s (Carcinogens, Mutagens, Reproductive Toxins)
- Fast dry time – comparable to MEK inks
- Lower make-up consumption (40%) than MEK inks
- Resistant to bases, glycols, oils, antifreeze, diesel fuel, transmission fluid, and hydraulic fluid
- Compatible with Videojet V490 ink with matching adhesion and contrast
- Successor to legacy ink formulas 201-CJ04-085
Applications for V486-C
V486 delivers excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including: acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyvinylchloride (PVC), polycarbonate, and polyester. This ink was specifically formulated as a compatible alternative to V490 for polyvinylchloride (PVC), polyethylene (PE), crosslinked polyethylene (XLPE) wire and cable, ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) foam materials, and high molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE) automotive parts and building materials.
The iQMark™ low VOC (V930) alternative cleaner is available.
iQMark™: V486-C ink was responsibly designed and manufactured to maximize contrast, adhesion, and uptime while meeting safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements. Every batch is tested to ensure it meets strict quality control specifications.