V4202 is a extremely fast drying, dark gray MEK ink qualified for use in the Videojet 1580 and 1860 continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers. This ink is ideal for use in high-speed applications for a wide variety of substrates, particularly polyvinylchloride (PVC), even cold PVC, and other applications when less conspicuous, lower contrast codes are desired.
Benefits of V4202-D and V4202-L
- Extremely fast dry times, < 1 sec; faster than Videojet ink V4211, ~25%
- Good contrast on white substrates
- Smear and transfer resistant
- Excellent adhesion on cold PVC wire and cable
- Resistant to acids, bases, Mil Spec Solvent C, mineral spirits, and oils
- No European Printing Ink Association (EuPIA) Exclusion List materials
- No CMR’s (Carcinogens, Mutagens, Reproductive Toxins)
Applications for V4202-D and V4202-L
This ink is used for coding and marking onto cold PVC wire and cable, where the coded cable passes through a cable guide less than a second after printing, and winds up on a smaller spool afterwards. Sometimes large, long-length spools of un-coded, previously extruded cable are rewound onto smaller spools using an off-line rewind process. During this process, codes may be added to customize the finished product, such as: regional or customer-specific information (logos, company or brand identity), meter/foot marks, industry regulatory data, or quality standards (UL symbol). V4202 delivers excellent adhesion to acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and polystyrene plastic substrates.
No MEK/Low VOC (V930) and no drug precursor (V940) alternative cleaners are available.
iQMark™: V4202 ink was responsibly designed and manufactured to maximize contrast, adhesion, and uptime while meeting safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements. Every batch is tested to ensure it meets strict quality control specifications.