V463 is a general purpose black, non-MEK ink based on MIPK (methyl isopropyl ketone). It is qualified for use in the 1000 Line of continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers. This ink is ideal for use in high-speed applications for a wide variety of substrates, such as plastics, metals, and glass, including the difficult plastic substrates of biaxiallyoriented polypropylene (BOPP), as well as high and low density polyethylene (HDPE and LDPE) found in flexible food packaging. This ink, make-up, and cleaning solution are specifically formulated to meet the strict Japan ISHL Class 2 Organic Solvent list.
Benefits of V463-D
- Non-MEK, non-Acetone, non-Methanol formulation
- Comparable adhesion and dry time to MEK inks
- Lower make-up consumption (40%) than MEK products
- Resistant to acids, bases, mineral spirits, and oils
- Retort-resistant, slight gasoline resistance
- Compliant with Japan ISHL Class 2 Organic Solvent List
- Compliant with European Printing Ink Association (EuPIA) Exclusion List
Applications for V463-D
Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including: acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), aluminum, polystyrene, polyvinylchloride (PVC), polyester, steel, and nylon. This ink is a compatible non-MEK alternative to V401, V410, and V411. Non-MEK, Low VOC (V930) and non-MEK/non-Acetone Drug Precursor Free (V940) alternative cleaners are available.
iQMark™: V463 ink was responsibly designed and manufactured to maximize contrast, adhesion, and uptime while meeting safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements. Every batch is tested to ensure it meets strict quality control specifications.