V4212 is a Returnable Glass Bottling (RGB) black MEK ink qualified for use in the Videojet 1580 and 1860 continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers. This ink is ideal for use in high-speed bottling where codes need to withstand the specific conditions that returnable bottles are exposed to in the production, distribution, and point of sale processes, specifically: cold fill condensation formation, ice baths, and is easily removable using caustic wash solutions.
Benefits of V4212-D and V4212-L
- Excellent adhesion to glass, metal, and some plastics
- Penetrates thin layer of condensation
- Survives pasteurization and retort processes
- Easily removable with caustic wash process
- Resistant to acids, mineral spirits, and oils
- Slight alcohol, Mil Spec Solvent C, and gasoline resistance
- Successor to legacy ink formulas 16-8540 and 16-8550
Applications for V4212-D and V4212-L
This ink is used for coding and marking returnable glass bottles used in the beverage industry. These bottles are returned from the marketplace, cleaned in a caustic wash process, and refilled shortly thereafter with cold beverages. The bottle surfaces are typically wet, due to condensation from hot, humid environments. Excessive amounts of water must be removed using an air-knife or blow off system for good print quality and adhesion.
V4212 delivers excellent adhesion to a wide variety of other substrates including: acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), aluminum, polystyrene, polyvinylchloride (PVC), polycarbonate, polyester, steel, and nylon.
iQMark™: V4212 ink was responsibly designed and manufactured to maximize contrast, adhesion, and uptime while meeting safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements. Every batch is tested to ensure it meets strict quality control specifications.
Speak with a Supplies Specialist
(833) 760-0609 Press 2
FluidsSupport@videojet.com Order Supplies:
(833) 760-0609 Press 1 New Equipment Sales: