Recent Press Release
Videojet introduces 1200M Thermal Transfer Ribbon
Videojet® Introduces 1200M Thermal Transfer Ribbon For DataFlex® Plus Printers
New ribbon length increases uptime, enhances code assurance and improves sustainability
WOOD DALE, Ill. — October 23, 2012 — Videojet Technologies Inc., a world-leading manufacturer of coding, printing and laser marking products, fluids and accessories for the product identification industry, today introduced a 1200m thermal transfer ribbon for the DataFlex Plus Thermal Transfer Overprinter (TTO). The longer length ribbon is designed to provide customers with increased uptime, reduced operator errors and lower environmental impact. With 20 percent more length than the standard 1000m ribbon, the longer length will reduce the number of ribbon changes required, leading to more prints per roll and significantly longer runtimes.
“We developed the new longer length ribbon in response to customer feedback as they look to optimize their high resolution package printing,” said, Chirag Dua, Business Unit Manager – TTO, for Videojet. “With the longer ribbon, customers enjoy reduced line stops, improved uptime and increased output. Additionally, they benefit from placing fewer supply orders and less packaging waste.”
The longer thermal transfer ribbon will be available in a 1200m length for new DataFlex Plus 53mm printers and 700m for new DataFlex Plus 107mm printers. Already available on new printer models, enhanced software allows for use of the longer ribbon and provides other customer benefits. Upgrades are available from Videojet for currently installed DataFlex Plus printers to run the longer ribbon and take advantage of the new features.
Customer benefits include:
- More uptime: With longer length ribbons, a customer printing a 10mm high image at 100ppm will benefit from 19,000 more prints and 3.2 hours of additional runtime per roll of ribbon.
- Enhanced code assurance: Using Intelligent Date Rules found in the system software, supervisors can avoid specific dates (e.g., holidays) from being printed. A USB connection makes it easy to use scanners for increased code accuracy.
- Improved environmental sustainability: With a thinner construction compared to Videojet’s Standard ribbon, the new longer length ribbon creates less ribbon waste. Additionally, both customers and the environment will benefit from fewer ribbon shipments that will result in less packaging waste and potentially reduce CO2 emissions.
# # #
Videojet Technologies Inc. is a world-leading manufacturer of coding, printing and laser marking products, fluids, and accessories for the product identification industry. As experts in continuous inkjet (CIJ), thermal inkjet (TIJ), case coding, thermal transfer overprinting (TTO), array, and laser technologies, Videojet has more than 275,000 units installed worldwide. Sales, service, training, administrative and application support is provided by direct operations worldwide, including Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom, with more than 250 direct sales and service personnel in the United States alone. Videojet’s distribution network includes more than 175 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.
©2012 Videojet Technologies Inc. All rights reserved. Videojet and Uptime Peace of Mind are registered trademarks of Videojet Technologies Inc.
Contact Videojet Technologies
New Equipment Sales:
Service & Support:
For additional information, contact:
- Suzy Smith
- Diane Lanigan
Videojet Technologies Inc.
Recent Press Releases
- Videojet Presents Simplified Connectivity and Showcases the New Loftware Partnership at Pack Expo 2022
- Videojet Introduces Safer, More Sustainable Continuous Inkjet Ink with Excellent Condensation Resistance
- Videojet and Loftware Announce Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Labeling, Marking and Coding Automation
- Videojet Announces the SureShotTM Module to Facilitate Continuous Packaging Line Production
- Videojet Launches New Cellular Connectivity Solution for VideojetConnect™ Remote Service