Recent Press Release
Videojet Track & Trace Web Site
New Videojet Track & Trace Web Site Offers Information to Protect Brands, Meet Regulations
For Immediate Release
WOOD DALE, Ill. (USA) — May 27, 2008 — Videojet Technologies Inc., provider of the industry’s most comprehensive systems for track and trace applications, has launched a new Web site that provides information about Videojet solutions for protecting brands against the effects of counterfeiting, diversion and product recalls through track and trace safeguards. The Web site, www.videojet.com/trackandtrace, outlines how a complete track and trace solution from Videojet melds together unique product codes; an appropriate variable data marking and coding technology; and tracking software to essentially “fingerprint” an individual product, and by extension, its brand. This information is also essential to companies that must meet government track and trace regulations.
“Government bodies worldwide are implementing electronic pedigree regulations and other product-tracking mandates,” says Bob Neagle, business unit manager of Videojet’s brand protection solutions group. “In fact, California’s e-pedigree requirement will go into effect on Jan.1, 2011, and other states and numerous European Union countries are also rapidly moving forward in formulating similar mandates. Track and trace systems and consultation from Videojet help companies prepare for the regulations with which they will need to comply.”
In today’s global marketplace, an effective track and trace strategy is vital to protecting brands from threats that can severely impact their equity in the marketplace, including:
- Product recalls: It is crucial for manufacturers to track a shipment down to the unit level during a recall, so products can be located and removed quickly from the supply chain.
- Counterfeiting: Counterfeiting costs U.S. businesses at least $200 billion annually. A track and trace infrastructure can verify whether a product is genuine or counterfeit.
- Diversion (unauthorized distribution): When products are diverted to unintended retail outlets, it creates ill will within the legitimate sales channel. A track and trace system can help manufacturers identify where, and by whom, products were diverted.
Videojet offers a consultative approach to implementing a complete product tracking system like the IMprints™ Track & Trace Solution, thus minimizing production-floor disruptions and downtime. Each installation begins with a site analysis to ensure IMprints components will integrate with every aspect of a business. Videojet then develops an integration proposal, which is executed by a project management team and followed up by ongoing service after deployment.
For more information about brand threats and the Videojet IMprints Track & Trace Solution, call (833) 760-0609 or visit www.videojet.com/trackandtrace.
Videojet Technologies Inc. is a world-leading manufacturer of coding, printing and laser marking products, fluids, and accessories for the product identification industry. As experts in continuous inkjet (CIJ), drop-on-demand (DOD), thermal-transfer overprinting (TTO), array, and laser technologies, Videojet has over 275,000 units installed worldwide. Sales, service, training, administrative and application support is provided by direct operations worldwide, including Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom, with more than 250 direct sales and service personnel in the United States alone. Videojet’s distribution network includes over 175 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.
Statements in this release that are not strictly historical may be “forward-looking” statements, which involve risk and uncertainties. These include economic and currency conditions, market demand, pricing and competitive and technology factors, among others, as set forth in Danaher Company’s SEC filings.
Publisher note: Send reader responses to:
Videojet Technologies Inc.
1500 Mittel Blvd
Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073 USA
fax: (630) 616-3657
Contact Videojet Technologies
New Equipment Sales:
Service & Support:
For additional information, contact:
- Suzy Smith
- Diane Lanigan
Videojet Technologies Inc.
Recent Press Releases
- Videojet Presents Simplified Connectivity and Showcases the New Loftware Partnership at Pack Expo 2022
- Videojet Introduces Safer, More Sustainable Continuous Inkjet Ink with Excellent Condensation Resistance
- Videojet and Loftware Announce Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Labeling, Marking and Coding Automation
- Videojet Announces the SureShotTM Module to Facilitate Continuous Packaging Line Production
- Videojet Launches New Cellular Connectivity Solution for VideojetConnect™ Remote Service