The Videojet DataFlex Plus Thermal Transfer Overprinter (TTO) delivers high resolution images on flexible packaging, while minimizing downtime and costs associated with ribbon breaks and production changeovers. For marking variable information such as date, time, batch code, ingredients, logos and marketing information onto flexible film packaging, labels or glossy cards, this system provides the ultimate in productivity and efficiency.
Videojet DataFlex Plus -- extra-long runtimes with new 1200m ribbons
Increased production line uptime
A patented and proven clutchless ribbon drive with few wear parts increases mechanical reliability and minimizes maintenance-related downtime. Optimal ribbon tension is consistently maintained to virtually eliminate downtime caused by ribbon breaks and false ribbon breaks.
• Accommodates ribbons up to 1,200 meters long for less frequent ribbon changes and more prints per roll
• Increased production line efficiency via simple cassette design and faster ribbon changes
Eco-friendly coding & low cost of ownership
Allowing unused ribbon to be recaptured after each print, the DataFlex Plus features a unique bi-directional ribbon drive providing the maximum in ribbon use and reliability.
• 0.5mm gaps between prints allow for more prints per roll to provide the highest possible ribbon efficiency and lower the total cost of ownership
• With fewer ribbon changes, Videojet’s Long Length Ribbons (1200m) help reduce waste and environmental impact
The DataFlex Plus has the built-in capacity to change between intermittent and continuous operation, quickly and easily, in the same unit. Serial, Ethernet and USB communications deliver comprehensive communications package. The printer can be controlled directly by a host packaging unit’s controller or by a single DataFlex Plus controller capable of running up to four printer systems.
Protection in harsh environments
The DataFlex Plus is also available with an IP rated 53mm printer width for enhanced protection against dust and water.
• Ideally suited to hygienic packaging applications and washdown environments
• Extended temperature range with selected ribbons from 35 - 104ºF (2 - 40ºC)
Easy to learn and use
The intuitive, high-resolution graphical user interface and color touchscreen incorporate easy to learn, icon-based controls and a WYSIWYG image display to reduce downloading and entry errors.
• Three levels of password protection for added security
• On-board diagnostics make trouble shooting quick and easy, resulting in less downtime and reduced training requirements
Enhanced software provides code assurance by reducing operator interaction and minimizing potential for human error.
• Intelligent Date Rules remove the potential for date errors that may result in product rework or waste
Videojet's Code Assurance Solution ensures that the correct code is applied in the correct location on the correct product and packaging. Learn more...
- Videojet DataFlex Plus Brochure (1001 kB)